5 THINGS TO KNOW WHEN WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING
Your wedding dress is one of the first things to knock off your check list! It sets the tone for wedding design, and sometimes can take up to 6-8 months to come in. Then, you will need to allot time for alterations and potentially bridals before the wedding!
Here are a few things to consider before hitting the boutiques:
1. Don’t bring too many people to the appointment! Contrary to popular belief, sometimes having too many people can be stressful. It’s really hard to please everyone, and truly its YOUR dress, so as long as you feel beautiful, that’s all that matters. Only take a few people who are closest to you, ones that will tell you the truth (in love) and support your decision.
2. Have a budget ready for your consultant! Don’t worry, they aren’t trying to bleed you dry. They just don’t want you to fall in love with a dress you can’t afford.
3. Trust your consultant, they do this all the time! They know what style of dresses fit certain body types best and what dress designers will fit in your budget.
4. Do your research beforehand! Have an idea about what style you are looking for, i.e. a lace gown, plain satin, beaded, or full of bling. The dress sets the tone for your wedding style, so it’s important that it embodies your whole theme and design.
5. Be open to trying anything! If you aren’t liking what you saw on Pinterest, that’s okay! Try something outside of your comfort zone. Even though it may not be THE ONE, it could be the right style or surprise you and make you realize you like some sparkle.
And lastly, have fun, drink a mimosa, and enjoy the process!